Job Title: General Merchandise Associate
Department: General Merchandise Department
Supervisor: General Merchandise Manager
Sets-up and maintains an appealing retail environment and assists customers with their shopping and purchase of merchandise.
Key Results Areas:
• Retail Sales of General Merchandise
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Retail Sales of General Merchandise
• Answer telephone calls courteously and record accurate and complete messages.
• Provide excellent customer service to all of the dealership’s customers
• Possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
• Handle retail sales, returns and special-order transactions of General Merchandise and notify customers when special orders or back-ordered items are received.
• Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events such as Open Houses, HOG activities, fashion shows and etc.
• Receive merchandise from distributors, check merchandise received against shipping documents and tag merchandise. Stock shelves & other displays or place merchandise into stockroom.
• Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.)
• Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, dust free, and appealing to customers.
• Maintain complete, accurate and updated customer mailing lists.
• Acquire continual knowledge of new and existing products.
• Provide excellent customer service to “walk-in and telephone” customers.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
General Merchandise Associate
• Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers.
• Assist customers with their selection of merchandise and fashion feedback.
• Provide prompt and accurate service at cash register. Accept cash, checks, gift certificates & credit card payments for merchandise purchases.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”. Present management with customer concerns.
Other Duties – As Assigned
• Up-sell merchandise whenever possible.
• Maintain security procedures to prevent theft and loss of merchandise.
• As assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: - None
Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PACE (Parts Accessories Clothing Expert). Continued PACE training sessions to obtain certification.
• Valid Arizona driver’s license.
• Schooling or experience in general merchandise and retail sales.
• Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
• Friendly, outgoing personality.
• Ability to produce creative and appealing displays
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Must have the ability to stand and walk the sales floor for most of the day.
• Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 40 lb. of merchandise.
• Majority of work is conducted indoors; however, some outdoor booth sales are conducted periodically during open houses or other events.